Monday, July 25, 2011

Two Songs Never Completed or Completed for Now?

OK. I can play the two songs, but I only play them at my level. When my teacher plays them there is 20 years of experience that make such a subtle difference. He plays less notes and it sounds better and cleaner. His rhythm and dynamics are better! I accept that.

I have set a goal to be more methodical in my practicing. I need to practice chords and voices so that I can expand my piano "tool kit".

I had my acoustic piano's keys "aerated" and I couldn't believe the difference! This is the process of basically poking a small pin into the ends of the hammer's felt so it isn't so hard. This decreased the "tinny" sound of the piano. I was so amazed at the difference that now I am playing my acoustic again.

No comments:

Post a Comment